Wednesday, May 13, 2009

40 weeks, 1 day and Waiting

Well, yesterday was the baby's due date and we still have no baby! :) We are going to wait it out and see if he decides to come on his own. No plans for inducing right now! We had a sonogram yesterday and he's measuring in the 45% percentile and everything is still looking good so we figure we'd let him decide when he's ready to "come out and play". Here's my 40 weeks pic. I'm in desperate need of a haircut and highlight but am going to wait until the baby comes and then treat myself! I have had an easy pregnancy with little aches and pains. However, the 3rd trimester my main pregnancy "symptom" has been being swollen...especially in my hands, feet and face. My blood pressure has been great so there hasn't been any concern...its just really annoying! Here are pics of my feet. I will be so glad to get rid of the water retention and look like myself again. In the meantime, I am officially on maternity leave and everything about our house is ready for the baby! Here are some pictures of the "new" things we have waiting to be used!
I am going to wait until the bedding and curtains are complete to show pictures of the baby's room. Ellaine is almost finished! I can't wait to see them! She's also made a bumper and sheets for the cradle we are using compliments of the Youngs! Pictures of that to follow too.

9 comments:

  1. You are so ready, organized, and I can only imagine so excited!! I'm glad the mental part of waiting has been easy for you--we are praying he will make his appearance soon for your sake :):) I'm so sorry about the mix-up today--I'm a looney tune I guess, more than I thought. I thought I was doing good! Come over anytime this weekend when you feel like it and have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to kill me for saying this, but your tummy doesn't look that big in this picture. I know you feel it though. Gosh, I had forgotten about my feet swelling-they looked just like yours minus the great pedi. Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I know the waiting can be hard... so worth it though! I can't wait to see pics of the baby's room! So so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been on my mind, so I have been praying for you that the waiting will be easy for you. Bun is getting a good baking. I have to giggle at your "readiness" because I was the same way in the beginning. By the 10th one, I barely had clothes washed & ready for baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yippee I can't wait to see Cody!!!! I also can't wait to see pictures of his room! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carley, PLEASE don't think that you would EVER be in the way if our parents are helping/visiting Mary!!! I read what you wrote and laughed out loud. Your help is always welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please... "in the way?"
    I so hope "BUN" is born ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carley, thanks for the nice things you said about us. You guys are "in our hearts!" Can't wait to welcome your sweet boy. Bonnie and I had a good laugh at the "feet" picture. OMG! :-) Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! You're poor ankles! That totally took me back about 5 years when mine looked exactly like that! Hang in there, girl! There's a light at the end of the tunnel! I can't wait to hear the exciting news! I'm praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. car... just heard from mary that cody is here! YAY! i love all the pics of his "stuff" in the house. :) it made me excited for you that you will be using all of it soon. i absolutely can't wait to meet him! :) case

    ReplyDelete