Thursday, July 30, 2009

He rolled over!

We have broken "the rules" and have been letting Cody sleep on his tummy for about a month now. He sleeps so well this way and we feel confident that he has a strong enough neck to move around if needed. And he does. He moves all around and ends up in the corner, going sideways or somehow flipped all the way around to where is head is where his feet were when I laid him down. We never know how we'll find him when we go to get him up. Well, this morning it was storming so hard that I could hear the rain through the baby monitor. About 6:00 I went in to check on him and make sure he was sleeping through the storm and much to my surprise he was sleeping on his back!! So sometime after he ate at 3:30 and when I went to check on him he had managed to flip from his tummy to his back! I had a feeling his was going to happen in the next few weeks because he can hold himself up with his arms and look around....like he's doing a push-up. I guess all the tummy time and floor time we do is paying off for our strong boy!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Cody being so strong! I'll tell Joy she picked a strong one :) There you go showing my kids up...already...it doesn't take much to pass them developmentally! LOL. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this rate, Cody may walk before Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited that he is so "advanced!" Poor Joy, I was happy this week that she held her own head up while I layed her on my stomach. Like Mary said, so far Cody is strong and obedient, which will make him a perfect husband for HIGH-MAINTENANCE Joy!

    ReplyDelete